Centre for Mental Health and Addiction
CMHA FACILITY REPLACEMENT PROJECT
(CENTRE FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION, RIVERVIEW, COQUITLAM)
Construction Design-Build Manager: EllisDon Corporation
Architect: Parkin Architects
MECHANICAL DESIGN-BUILD TEAM:
Mechanical Consultant: WSP Consultants
Mechanical Contractor: Fred Welsh Ltd.
Sheet Metal Contractor: Viaduct Sheet Metal Ltd.
Building Automation: Control Solutions Ltd.
Fire Protection: Viking Fire Protection
Pipe Insulation: Aarc-West Mechanical Insulation
CMHA at a Glance:
The new Centre for Mental Health and Addiction is a 3½-storey 146,000 square-feet medical facility, including a 1½-storey, below grade, 65,000 square-feet parkade built on the Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, BC.
The new 105-bed facility will treat people across the province who live with the most severe, complex substance use and mental health challenges. The new facility will feature dedicated space for research, knowledge exchange and education, as well as virtual technologies that will help provide even more specialized services to clients and patients.
Main project components:
- 105 client beds
- 7 Units, each with 15 private single rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Each unit to include dedicated patient and clinical spaces: Exam Rooms, Counselling Rooms, Care Team Stations, Lounge, Serveries, Nutrition, Dining areas, Entry and Visitor Lounges.
- Clinical Support and Office Areas, Spaces for Teaching, Education and Research.
- Healing Community Areas – Areas for creativity, exercise and spirituality
- Indigenous art and sacred space
- Building Services and Administration
- Full Production Kitchen.
Construction work has started in 2018 and is targeted for completion by August 2021